Monday, June 16, 2008

Joe’s Kitchen

I started a conversation with a very successful spear fisherman last week who was cleaning a huge pile of groupers. Before I knew it, he handed me six – seven pounds of filets. Not believing my luck, I invited some friends over for;
Grouper on the Grill
1/4 cup lime juice, pineapple juice, or mango juice
2 clove garlic, finely minced
2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
4 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon of fresh oregano leaves
2 tablespoon of fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Blend all but oil in a blender or food processor for 20 seconds. Add the oil and blend a few more seconds. Pour over fish in a plastic baggy and seal. Place in your refrig for about four hours turning occasionally to insure good coverage. Place on a hot grill and cook covered for about seven minutes per side. Only turn once or fish might begin to flake apart. Serve grouper with a mango salsa and grilled fresh pineapple slices.